the eagle way
"Effective, efficient and very pleasant to work with."
– Machiel Jansen, Senior Consultant, Netherlands Bioinformatics Centre
Eagle builds collaborative relationships with select partners in order to broaden the scope and depth of our knowledge and gain access to the very latest techniques and technologies that we can apply when building solutions for our customers. These relationships are built not only with commercial vendor partners such as Amazon Web Services, but also with academic groups such as the team behind the Taverna Workflow Engine project at the University of Manchester.
When at the project design phase, Eagle always selects the tools that are most appropriate for the job without any preference for or prejudice against any particular option. However, we have found that over the years we have frequently ended up using a similar selection of tools, and so we have specialised in knowing every detail possible about those tools and how best to deploy, customise and integrate them. These tools include the Amazon Cloud, Ensembl, eHive, Taverna, and DebianMed.
Read more about Eagle's collaborators and chosen set of tools by following these links:
Eagle's USPs are:
- An open, innovative, flexible approach to project design and implementation.
- Access to cutting-edge technology through our collaboration agreements.
- A team of hugely experienced bioinformaticians that work together as a whole rather than as individual consultants.
- Our Cambridge, UK, location places us at the heart of one of the biggest biotechnology clusters in the world, with all the networking and knowledge-sharing benefits that brings.
- Our use of existing third-party components wherever possible gives us complete flexibility over the features we are able to offer our customers whilst simultaneously minimising development time.
- Cloud technology enables us to scale up solutions quickly and deploy them at a moment's notice.