- Project deadline approaching but don't have enough staff to deliver?
- New technology needs to be researched but lacking the time/resources to do it?
- Management of local resources such as Ensembl becoming a headache?
- Experiencing peaks and troughs in bioinformatics team workload/demand and need to smooth them out?
- Having trouble retaining knowledge due to staff turnover?
- Want to trial a new provider, e.g. for cloud computing, as a proof-of-concept?
- Need to put resources into the cloud, either as a pilot or in production?
- Read an interesting algorithm, analysis workflow, or technique in a published paper recently and want to try it out on your own data?
- Prefer to concentrate on research and leave the operational stuff to someone else?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, then Eagle On-Demand can help. Our bioinformatics consultants will work on any bioinformatics task that relates to genomic data or placing data into the context of the genome. The list of tasks does not necessarily have to be specified before the contract starts.
- Assistance with installing or trying out a new tool or dataset.
- Writing up the specifications for a larger project.
- Experimenting with the cloud.
- Short-notice extra pair of hands to help out when times are busy.
- Compare and contrast competing algorithms or solutions needed in your research.
- Offloading of 'operational' tasks such as managing users or providing helpdesk support.
- A pre-purchased amount of Eagle consulting time spread over a fixed period, e.g. 100 hours over 6 months.
- An Eagle bioinformatics consultant nominated as a point of contact, but with access to our entire team's knowledge and experience.
- The time is guaranteed to be available on demand at an agreed period of notice, e.g. 1 working hour.
- Short-notice access to genomic bioinformatics expertise exactly when you need it, with availability guaranteed.
- Bunch the work together or spread it out, it's up to you.
- Smooth out the peaks and troughs in your workload by bringing in Eagle staff only when needed.
- Use Eagle staff to run the operational side whilst you do the interesting research.
- Our broad experience and wide customer base enables us to bring you best practices and cutting edge knowledge from many life science industry sectors.
- We share and discuss all projects internally at Eagle, bringing you the benefit of working with not just one bioinformatics expert but a whole team of them for the price of one.
- Eagle's bioinformatics consultants work quickly, accurately, and knowledgeably.
To arrange an Eagle On-Demand contract to provide assistance to your own bioinformatics team, you need to work out roughly how much time* you need (e.g. 100 hours) and over what period* you need it (e.g. 6 months). Then work out how much notice* you're willing to give each time you need to use some of the hours – the more notice you can give, the lower the hourly rate will be.
Put these three numbers together and contact Richard Holland for a quote (email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +44 (0)1223 654481 x3).
Once the quote is accepted and the paperwork is done, Eagle will start making the hours available from the agreed start date and you'll receive an invoice for the total value of the contract.
Eagle will send regular updates on how many hours have been used and how many remain, so that you can keep track. Any tasks which will use a large chunk of hours all at once will be checked with you first so that you don't get any nasty surprises.
It's really that easy.
* Eagle On-Demand has a minimum contract term of 3 months, with a minimum average of 16 hours per month over its duration, and a minimum notice period of 1 working hour. There is no maximum. Contracts are all prepaid and any unused hours are forfeited at the end of the term. Additional hours can be purchased subject to availability. Eagle On-Demand's response time guarantees are currently only available during UK working hours.